- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoons Osmanthus syrup
- Preheat oven 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place almonds in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour boiling water over almonds until just covered.
- Let sit for at least 1 minute.
- Remove almond skins.
- Place almonds and sugar into a food processor.
- Pulse until the almonds are a coarse meal.
- Add egg and osmanthus sugar and combine.
- Pour mixture into another bowl.
- Pack mixture between 2 teaspoons and place on cookies sheets. Leave a lot of space between the cookies they will spread out.
- Gently flatten the cookie balls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. If you want toasted almond cookies bake until brown. Otherwise pull them out when the edges are brown, but the cookie is still white. Allow to cool.