Once again I start with a basic recipe. In this case the Ghirardelli chocolate recipe.
But the last time I made brownies was around Christmas and there was ridiculous amount of food and chocolate in the office.
I doubled the above recipe.
- About 8 oz of chocolate total
- 2 Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Bars 3.5oz each.
- 4 squares of Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa 11g each.
- 1 c butter
- 1 bag – 454g of Chinese brown sugar
- no salt since it is already in the chocolate.
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract (I wasn’t too neat when pouring)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9×12 pan.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces in a microwave safe bowl, add the smaller pieces and butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute. See if the chocolate is melted, otherwise microwave for another 30 secs.
- While the chocolate is melting break apart the sugar. If you can’t break it up easily. Add the sugar to the chocolate and see it you can mix it together easily. It should start dissolving, but it that doesn’t work microwave everything for another 30 – 60 secs. Mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla once the mixture is cool.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick or skewer. Bake longer if needed.
- Let cool and serve.
I used a hand held electric mixer to make the batter.